Lifelong Co-op Learning
As part of our mission, On Co-op strives to both lead and cultivate co-operatives in Ontario. Through our educational programs we give co-ops the tools to achieve their goals, and train a new generation of leaders for the future of the co-operative movement.
Our Lifelong Co-operative Learning initiatives include programs for groups of many ages and all levels of experience in the co-operative sector.
- The Co-operative Management Certificate (CMC) program is designed for managers, executives and leaders within the sector. The program seeks to cultivate co-operative knowledge and the management skills necessary to make your co-op thrive.
- The Co-operative Young Leaders (CYL) program is a summer experience unlike any other. This week-long program brings young people together from all across Ontario to learn about, and practice, communication and leadership through co‑operative activities.
- The All 4 Each high school curriculum project provides teachers and their students with tools and resources to explore how the co-op enterprise model integrates business with social consciousness; all while increasing the sustainability and success rate of developing organizations.
- The Co-ops in Classrooms program works with all levels of the Ontario education system to generate opportunities for students to investigate co-operative enterprise (and related career opportunities). On Co-op has developed projects, materials and curricula to engage young people in the critical exploration of a variety of sectors-- private, non-profit, co-operative, etc.-- to help students identify the best fit for their interests and ambitions.
- The e-Learning courses provide a flexible means to improve your co-operaitve operations and sector knowledge. Courses can be taken independently or together, condensed or spread out, and students retain acess to key resources after completion.
- More lifelong learning options, including training, consulting and internship applications and recruitment can be found under Co-op Career Development.
For more information on any of these programs, visit their dedicated pages.
We would like to congratulate Kerr Smith, our On Co-op Education Manager, for winning the 2012 William Hlushko Award for Young Cooperative Educators presented by the Association of Co-operative Educators. To read more about the award and Kerr's acheivement, read the full press release here.