As part of our mission, On Co-op strives to both lead and cultivate co-operatives in Ontario. Through our educational programs we give co-ops the tools to achieve their goals, and train a new generation of leaders for the future of the co-operative movement.
The Ontario Co-operative Association (On Co-op™) offers a range of consulting, learning and professional development solutions for youth, members, board, staff or senior leaders. Depending on scope and budget, sessions can be fully customized or adapted from our vast library. Our team includes skilled educators, communicators and co-op developers. Our staff offer practical, real-world solutions and assist you in realizing your development, governance and learning objectives.
Our Lifelong Co-operative Learning initiatives include programs for groups of many ages and all levels of experience in the co-operative sector.
- The Co-operative Management Certificate (CMC) program is designed for managers, executives and leaders within the sector. The program seeks to cultivate co-operative knowledge and the management skills necessary to make your co-op thrive.
- The Co-operative Young Leaders (CYL) program is a summer experience unlike any other. This week-long program brings young people together from all across Ontario to learn about, and practice, communication and leadership through co‑operative activities, and is used as the launching point for co-ops and credit unions to fully engage young people all year 'round.
- All 4 Each is an award-winning suite of curriculum resources which introduces high school teachers and their students to the co-operative movement. Designed by certified teachers and industry experts, All 4 Each makes education empowering... and FUN!! Our experienced co-operators teach you how the triple bottom line of People, Planet and Profit is building a better world.
- The Co-ops in Classrooms program works with all levels of the Ontario education system to generate opportunities for students to investigate co-operative enterprises and related career opportunities. On Co-op has developed projects, materials and curricula to engage young people in the critical exploration of a variety of sectors-- private, non-profit, co-operative, etc.-- to help students identify the best fit for their interests and ambitions.
- On Co-op's specially designed e-Learning courses provide a flexible means to improve your co-operative operations and sector knowledge. Courses can be taken independently or together, condensed or spread out.
- Additional lifelong learning options, including training, consulting, internship applications and recruitment can be found under Training and Career Development.
For more information on any of these programs, visit their dedicated pages.