Co-op Funding Sources
This funding list is a one-stop funding resource for co-operatives and CED initiatives looking for funds through grants, loans or equity.
This list will find out where your initiative can find the financing it needs. It is important to note that all of the sources listed have their own application processes and funding/financing criteria. For more information, On Co-op has compiled a document outlining each funding organization and the opportunities it provides. Download this document from the top right of the page, or follow the links below to see the organization websites.
Co-ops interesting in financing growth through Offering Statements, can download the Offering Statement templates in English and in French from the 'co-op resources' library, available through the main menu bar. Or simply search this site for "offering statement".
- Agricultural Adaptation Council (AAC)
- Alterna Savings
- Canadian Alternative Investment Co-operative (CAIC)
- Canadian Worker Co-op Federation
- Carrot Cache Community Resource
- Community Forward Fund
- The Co-operators
- The Laidlaw Foundation
- Libro Financial Group - Community Builders Grant
- Meridian Credit Union - Good Neighbour Program
- Ontario Arts Council
- The Ontario Association of Community Futures Development Corporations (OACDC)
- The Ontario Credit Union Charitable Foundation
- The Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Ottawa Community Loan Fund
- PARO Centre for Women's Enterprise
- Rural Economic Development Program (RED)
- Social Capital Partners
- Toronto Community Foundation
- Toronto Enterprise Fund