Provincial Co-op Conference
- Highlights and celebrates the successes of Ontario co-operatives, credit unions and caisses populaires.
- Informs participants through a variety of relevant plenary and workshops sessions.
- Facilitates networking and information-sharing among co-operatives, co-op supporters, funders and developers.
- Showcases the achievements of distinguished co-operators and organizations.
Gearing Up for the 2017 Fall Conference!
CHECK OUT THE OFFICIAL EVENT PROGRAM AS WELL AS THE SPEAKER & MODERATOR BIOGRAPHIES, NOW AVAILABLE IN THE DOWNLOADS SECTION OF THE RIGHT-HAND TOOLBAR!
The "People, Planet and Prosperity: Co-operatives and Sustainable Development" conference, which will focus on the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, and how Ontario co-operatives can work towards becoming more sustainable - both within their own organizations and together, as a movement.
Our main goal with this year's provincial gathering is to instill inspiration and provide some basic tools for co-operative leaders, directors, staff and members of co-operative organizations, to make positive changes within their organization, as well as provide opportunities for creating connections and collaborations, that will go well beyond the one-day conference.
Delegates will receive first-hand accounts of sustainable development at practice within a variety of co-operatives and business sectors, and the differences that these organizations are making within their communities. We will also examine some of the obstacles facing Ontario's co-operatives and which prevent us from achieving sustainable development, and brainstorm ways to overcome these challenges. We will then regroup and share our ideas. And something new and exciting that we have added for the first time ever: the highlights and takeaways of the conference will be packaged for our delegates in one final wrap-up session, which will leave them inspired and ready to take action!
Our delegates are then invited to join us in a networking cocktail reception (included as part of the conference), and to end the day with us at a very special evening Banquet & Fundraiser, along with leaders of Ontario's credit union system!
SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS AS THIS IS AN EVENT YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS!
WHEN: Thursday, September 28, 2017
WHAT: We have made some exciting changes and additions to our biennial co-op conference.This year's event will take place all-day and include:
- A networking reception over a hot buffet breakfast
- The On Co-op Annual General Meeting
- A morning Keynote Address & Plenary sessions
- The Co-operative Spirit Awards ceremony and a hot buffet lunch
- Afternoon interactive breakout sessions
- A cocktail reception (held in partnership with the Directors' Forum)
- A very special evening Banquet & Fundraiser, hosted by On Co-op in partnership with the Co-operative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF). This will be a joint event with the delegates of the 2017 Credit Union Directors' Forum - a wonderful and unique opportunity to network with Ontario's credit union system!
To learn more about the accommodations available for this event, please visit the "In this Section" link on the right-hand toolbar.
2017 Registration Information
THE ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 21, 2017. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: A NEW MEMBERS-ONLY RATE OF $275 + HST IS NOW AVAILABLE, DISCOUNTED FROM THE GENERAL ADMISSION RATE OF $350 + HST!
THE REGISTRATION FEE FOR ALL OUR DELEGATES INCLUDES:
- A buffet breakfast/networking reception
- The On Co-op Annual General Meeting
- A Keynote Address and morning plenary
- A hot buffet lunch
- The Co-operative Spirit Awards ceremony
- Interactive breakout session(s) and afternoon plenary
- 1 drink ticket for the early evening cocktail reception
(It is noteworthy that back in 2010, we charged $300 for the all-day co-op conference plus an additional $87 for the evening banquet, and the venue was in Burlington ON. We believe that our 2017 rates are therefore a fair and justifiable increase, considering we have moved the conference to downtown Toronto to be more accessible).
2017 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
|Registrant||Timeframe||Rate||10% Discount*||15% Discount**||25% Discount***|
|Special Member-only Rate||July 14 - Sept. 15||$275 + HST||$247.50 + HST||$233.75 + HST||$206.25 + HST|
|General Admission Rate||July 14 - Sept. 15||$350 + HST||$315 + HST||$297.75 + HST||$262.50 + HST|
|Banquet - All delegates||July 14 - Sept. 15||$115 + HST||n/a||n/a||n/a|
* Conference registration fee discounted rate with purchase of one evening banquet ticket.
** Conference registration fee discounted rate applies only to purchase of 3 or more conference registrations from the SAME organization.
*** Organizations sending 3+ delegates who also with to purchase banquet tickets will receive an additional discount off each conference registration.
The fee to attend the Banquet is separate from that of the conference as all proceeds for this event will go towards supporting the work of the CDF. Upon further review by Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) we cannot provide tax receipts for banquet ticket purchases. Contributing factors behind the CRA’s guidance not to issue receipts include: On Coop is not a charitable organization and the event is not being run as a true third-party fundraiser.
Please indicate your interest in attending the Banquet while registering for the conference.
ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS FOR OUR CONFERENCE SPONSORS!
Depending on the level of sponsorship, delegates may receive an additional discount. Note: These discounts DO NOT APPLY to the Banquet registration fees:
- Platinum Sponsor: 1 FREE conference registration + 50% discount off a second registration
- Gold Sponsor: 50% discount off TWO conference registrations
- Silver Sponsor: 50% discount off ONE conference registration
- Bronze Sponsor: 25% discount off ONE conference registration
- Partner Sponsor: 15% discount of ONE conference registration
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR OUR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS!
Individuals who have been invited to participate in the conference as a guest speaker, panelist or moderator will have their travel to/from the venue covered by On Co-op (e.g. standard airfare up to a maximum of $500), as well as one night of standard accommodations (as required) at the group rate, parking, and attend the full conference and Banquet Dinner as a guest of On Co-op. In return, speakers agree to volunteer their services, as well as cover any incedental costs not related to the conference (i.e., meals outside of those provided during the conference, additional room charges, etc.) Should a speaker wish to bring a guest to the Banquet, they must indicate so at the time of registration and cover the fee.