Co-op Conference and Celebration
CO-OP CONFERENCE AND CELEBRATION...
- Highlights the successes of Ontario co-operatives, credit unions and caisses populaires.
- Informs participants through a variety of relevant plenary and workshops sessions.
- Facilitates networking and information-sharing among co-operatives, co-op supporters, funders and developers.
- Showcases the achievements of distinguished co-operators and organizations.
- Gearing Up for the 2017 Provincial Co-op Conference!
- 2017 Registration Information
- 2017 Sponsorship Opportunities
- 2017 Sponsor Recognition
Gearing Up for the 2017 Provincial Co-op Conference!
We are thrilled to announce the details of the "People, Planet and Prosperity: Co-operatives and Sustainability" conference, which will focus on the UN's Sustainable Development Goals, and how Ontario co-operatives can work towards becoming more sustainable - both within their own organizations and together, as a movement.
Our main goal with this year's provincial gathering is to instill inspiration and provide some basic tools for co-operative leaders, directors, staff and members of co-operative organizations, to make positive changes within their organization, as well as provide opportunities for creating connections and collaborations, that will go well beyond the one-day conference.
Delegates will receive first-hand accounts of sustainability at practice within a variety of co-operatives and business sectors, and the differences that these organizations are making within their communities. We will also examine some of the obstacles facing Ontario's co-operatives and which prevent us from achieving sustainable development, and brainstorm ways to overcome these challenges. We will then regroup and share our ideas. And something new and exciting that we have added for the first time ever: the highlights and takeaways of the conference will be packaged for our delegates in one final wrap-up session, which will leave them inspired and ready to take action!
Our delegates are then invited to join us in a networking cocktail reception (included as part of the conference), and to end the day with us at a very special evening Banquet & Fundraiser, along with leaders of Ontario's credit union system!
SO MARK YOUR CALENDARS AS THIS IS AN EVENT YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS!
WHEN: Thursday, September 28, 2017
WHAT: We have made some exciting changes and additions to our biennial co-op conference.This year's event will take place all-day and include:
- A networking reception over a hot buffet breakfast
- The On Co-op Annual General Meeting
- A morning Keynote Address & Plenary sessions
- The Co-operative Spirit Awards ceremony and a hot buffet lunch
- Afternoon interactive breakout sessions
- A cocktail reception (held in partnership with the Directors' Forum)
- A very sepcial evening Banquet & Fundraiser, hosted by On Co-op in partnership with the Co-operative Development Foundation of Canada (CDF). This will be a joint event with the delegates of the 2017 Credit Union Directors' Forum - a wonderful and unique opportunity to network with Ontario's credit union system!
Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, MARK YOUR CALENDARS as you won't want to miss the only co-operative event that brings individuals together from across the entire province and across industry silos, together in one place!
To learn more about the accommodations available for this event, please visit the "In this Section" link on the right-hand toolbar.
2017 Registration Information
THE ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN APRIL 1, 2017 AND CLOSE SEPTEMBER 15, 2017. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE EARLY BIRD RATE, EFFECTIVE UNTIL JUNE 30!
One of the goals of our 2017 Provincial Co-op Conference is to be as inclusive as possible. The registration rates are therefore a reflection of this objective, as well as the reality of inflation and the current costs of holding a conference in a central (Toronto) location.
This year's Conference Early Bird rate will be $350 + HST (see chart below for all scenarios and deadline) and include:
- A buffet breakfast/networking reception
- The On Co-op Annual General Meeting
- A Keynote Address and morning plenary
- A hot buffet lunch
- The Co-operative Spirit Awards ceremony
- Interactive breakout session(s) and afternoon plenary
- 1 drink ticket for the early evening cocktail reception
It is noteworthy that back in 2010, we charged $300 for the all-day co-op conference plus an additional $87 for the evening banquet, and the venue was in Burlington ON. We believe that our 2017 rates are therefore a fair and justifiable increase, considering we have moved the conference to downtown Toronto.
The registration fee for the evening Banquet & Fundrasier will be announced shortly. This will be separate from the conference fee listed below, and individuals will also be required to register for it separately, but at the same time as for the conference.
2017 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES (FOR MEMBERS, NON-MEMBERS & MOMOS)
|Timeframe||Deadlines||Rate||10% Discount*||15% Discount**||25% Discount***|
|Early Bird rate||Apr. 1 - Jun. 30||$350.00||$315.00||$298.00||$262.50|
|Post EB rate||Jul. 1 - Aug. 31||$400.00||$360.00||$340.00||$300.00|
|Late rate||Sept. 1 - 15||$450.00||$405.00||$382.00||$337.50|
Note: A MOMO is a co-operative who is a member of a federation or association which is a Voting Member of On Co-op. Check here to see if your co-op is a MOMO of On Co-op.
* Conference registration fee discounted rate with purchase of one evening banquet ticket.
** Conference registration fee discounted rate applies only to purchase of 3 or more conference registrations from the SAME organization.
*** Organizations sending 3+ delegates who also with to purchase banquet tickets will receive an additional discount off each conference registration.
ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS FOR OUR CONFERENCE SPONSORS!
Depending on the level of sponsorship, delegates may receive an additional discount. Note: These discounts DO NOT APPLY to the Banquet registration fees:
- Platinum Sponsor: 1 FREE registration + 50% discount off a second registration
- Gold Sponsor: 50% discount off TWO registrations
- Silver Sponsor: 50% discount off ONE registration
- Bronze Sponsor: 25% discount off ONE registration
- Partner Sponsor: 15% discount of ONE registration
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR OUR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS!
Individuals who have been invited to participate in the conference as a guest speaker, panelist or moderator will have their travel to/from the venue covered by On Co-op (e.g. standard airfare up to a maximum of $500), as well as one night of standard accommodations (as required) at the group rate, parking, and attend the full conference as a guest of On Co-op. In return, speakers agree to volunteer their services, as well as cover any incedental costs not related to the conference (i.e., meals outside of those provided during the conference, additional room charges, etc.) Should a speaker wish to attend the evening Banquet, they must indicate this at the time of registration and cover the fee.
2017 Sponsorship Opportunities
As the biennial Co-op Conference is funded solely though registration fees and sponsorships, we need YOUR support to make this year's event a success. Most importantly, supporting this event is an incredible opportunity for your organization to invest in building and strengthening the Ontario co-operative movement, as it aims to provide participants with:
- Enhanced knowledge and awareness of co-operatives
- Topics and discussion that are relevant to co-operatives
- Concrete tools, resources and take-aways to bring back to co-operative orghanizations
- A platform to exchange information and share best practices
- Opportunities to network and develop potential co-operative collaborations
2017 Sponsor Recognition
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the following organizations who have confirmed their support of this year's conference (as of May 15, 2017):