Chef-Manager at a cooperatively owned restaurant at York University in Toronto (Keele campus)
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Position: Chef / Manager
Job Description – Faculty and Graduate Students’ Bistro
We have a position open for an energetic, innovative and sustainability-minded Chef-Manager at a cooperatively owned restaurant at York University in Toronto (Keele campus). The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a commercial food preparation environment and in a supervisory position. Reporting to the Management Board, the Chef-Manager will be responsible for the management of the facility, including interacting with clients, customers and employees. The Chef-Manager will provide a vision for developing healthy and sustainable food options and support experiential education programs.
- Menu planning and food preparation
- Financial reporting and payroll
- Compliance with university policies and procedures and health regulations
- Participation in hiring and supervising staff
Knowledge and Skills:
- College or culinary training
- Experience in preparing business plans, budgets and forecasts, meeting payroll, etc.
- At least 3 years progressive management experience within food service in a similar sized operation
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment.
- Smart Serve and City of Toronto Food Handlers Certificate qualification required (will be required to ensure staff is properly trained and certified as well)
- Red Seal certification an asset.
Job start date: mid-July
Salary: $55,000-65,000 plus benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday