Our vision is an Ontario where co-operatives contribute to the sustainability and growth of our economy and communities. On Co-op is a co-operative with a mission to lead, cultivate and connect the co-operative sector.
On Co-op Believes In
People: The co-op sector is made up of passionate individuals who are making a difference. Networking together, supporting one another and believing that change can happen, we will recognize and support the important efforts of our staff, volunteers and members.
Innovation: On Co-op is committed to finding creative solutions to Ontario’s social, environmental and economic challenges. Based on the foundation of the seven co-operative principles, we believe that experimenting and learning will contribute to a stronger organization and province.
Professional service: We will deliver programs that are relevant and beneficial to our members. As a gateway for information and knowledge, we are committed to exemplary service, measuring our results and developing proactive solutions that meet member needs.
Accountability: We are committed to providing clarity in roles, accountability of decision-making and transparency of financial management for members, regulators and funders.
Sustainability: Our decisions and actions will support Co-operative Social Responsibility. We want financial viability, a strong and vibrant co-operative sector and a planet that can sustain both.
To achieve its mission, the Ontario Co-operative Association will be guided in its relationship with its community according to the following values.
- Respect. The Ontario Co-operative Association has a fundamental respect for people, as individuals and collectively.
- Justice. The Ontario Co-operative Association is socially responsible and is committed to the social and economic empowerment of individuals through co-operatives.
- Diversity. The Ontario Co-operative Association recognizes the strength that derives from the diversity of its community.
- Co-operation. The Ontario Co-operative Association encourages co-operative solutions and democratic values.
- Professional Service. The Ontario Co-operative Association is committed to providing the highest quality service, through professionalism and leadership.
- Equity and Equality. The Ontario Co-operative Association has a fundamental commitment to ensuring that its decision-making structures reflect the make-up of its community.